Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes finally got off the losing streak, beating the Flyers, 2-1. The recap can be found here.
- Is it time for the Canes to mix things up through trades or callups? (Cardiac Cane)
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on last night’s game (Hockey Buzz)
- Corey Sznajder gives his thoughts on why the Canes have had problems lately (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash looks at what the Hurricanes’ biggest problem has been this season (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: Matt hits it right on the head here. Justin Peters has been blamed for the problems mostly – he’s an AHL goalie that has been thrown into the NHL and has failed to earn wins fans want and expect – but he has not been the problem.
The only game that you could blame on Peters would be the one against the Rangers. He let in some soft goals, but the offense could only muster one goal. Even if Cam Ward or Anton Khudobin were in net, the Canes wouldn’t have won.
The offense is the problem for the Hurricanes. It seems every time Ward is injured, the team falls apart offensively for whatever reason and it’s happening again now. The biggest culprits have been the depth guys like Nathan Gerbe, Jiri Tlusty and Tuomo Ruutu, as Matt pointed out.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes