Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on giving Kirk Muller more time can be found here.
- Ryan Murphy was fined the maximum for clipping Derek Dorsett during the game against the Rangers (Cardiac Cane)
- Brett Sutter cleared waivers yesterday and was assigned to the Charlotte Checkers (Checkers Website)
- The Canes play the Flyers tonight at 7:30 p.m. A preview will be posted later this morning.
- Persistence will be key for the Hurricanes in breaking the losing streak (Hurricanes Website)
- Rick DiPietro is planning on taking his time to get back to the NHL (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the past week for the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash gives five reasons for hope and five darkest fears (Hockey Buzz)
My Opinion: The defense is definitely looking better than last season and the team is getting more healthy, but it’s still going to be a while until the full team is back from injury.
It is possible that the lack of offense could be a problem with the Hurricanes’ system. They had problems scoring at the end of the year least season and are now having problems now. But they did have success at parts of both seasons.
Matt also is worried the team may not be talented enough for a playoff spot. Honestly, before the season even started, the Hurricanes were a playoff bubble team, so that issue is going to be a problem throughout the whole season.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes