Carolina Hurricanes Report
- Yesterday’s blog on the Hurricanes dealing with adversity can be found here.
- The Canes placed Brett Sutter on waivers yesterday. We’ll know today at noon, whether he cleared or not. (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Rangers by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Hurricanes goalie prospect Collin Olson left Ohio State for the USHL.
My Opinion: This isn’t good news for the Hurricanes or Olson. Players typically go from the USHL to college, not vise verse. It means a lower level of competition for Olson, which will only hurt his chances of making it to the NHL.
I’m surprised Olson didn’t try to go to Canada and join a junior team, but it’s possible he’ll look for a transfer to a different college for the 2014-15 season.
Metropolitan Division Recap
- The Canes losing streak has had a huge effect on the team’s standings this past week. Here is how things look:
- The Penguins continue their clear control of the division with 22 points, seven higher than the Islanders, who are in second.
- Capitals are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games pushing them into third with 14 points.
- With three wins in a row, the Rangers sit in fourth. Previously they were dwelling near the bottom.
- The Hurricanes have settled into fifth place after spending the beginning of the season at second.
- Blue Jackets and Devils are tied for sixth with 10 points.
- And the Canes next opponent, the Flyers, are bringing up the rear with eight points.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes