Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Rangers last night. The recap can be foundNew York Rangers” href=”http://cardiaccane.com/2013/11/02/carolina-hurricanes-losing-streak-extends-new-york-rangers/” target=”_blank”> here.
- Matt Karash gives his thoughts on last night’s game (Hockey Buzz)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Lightning by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Andrew Luistro looks at how the Hurricanes team is becoming a place for opportunity for players (The Hockey Writers)
- Mark Jones looks at how the struggling Metropolitan Division is helping the Canes (Bleacher Report)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
Rick DiPietro failed to get his first win in a Checkers jersey again as the team fell to the San Antonio Rampage, 5-3, last night. Juston Shugg got the scoring started for the Checkers, two minutes into the game, but the Rampage quickly retied it.
Victor Rask and Ramage’s Joey Crabb shared goals to end the first period to bring the game to 2-2 before the intermission.
Matt Marquardt scored the first goal of his career to give the Checkers a 3-2 lead in the second period. But in the third stanza, it was all San Antonio, as it scored three goals to seal the victory.
Rask now has four goals in three games and also recorded an assist last night. Shugg also had an assist for a two-point night.
The Checkers next game is Thursday against the Chicago Wolves.