Carolina Hurricanes News
- A review of the four-game road trip can be found here.
- The Charlotte Checkers signed Rick DiPietro to a tryout contract yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- Why the Canes should sign Manny Malhotra to a contract (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Avalanche by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Eklund reported that the Hurricanes are looking into Ilya Byzgalov. I wouldn’t believe the rumor after signing DiPietro to a tryout yesterday. (Hockey Buzz)
- Robert Theodorson explains why the Hurricanes prospect pool is under construction (Hockey’s Future)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
In a rematch against the Rockford Ice Hogs yesterday, the Checkers fell in a shootout, 2-1. Mark Flood scored his second in a row for the lone Checkers goal. Jimmy Hayes scored for the Ice Hogs, while Charlotte’s Allen York made 29 saves to send the game into overtime and a shootout.
DiPietro was supposed to join the team yesterday, so it’s possible he gets the start in today’s game against the Chicago Wolves. Even though the result was not as good as the Checkers would have liked, they are playing better than last weekend’s games where they fell by a score of 7-2 in the second game against the Iowa Wild.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes