Carolina Hurricanes Report
- The Hurricanes lost to the Wild, 3-1, last night the recap can be found here.
- But in worse news, Cam Ward and Jeff Skinner were injured during the game. Ward will miss the next three to four weeks while an evaluation will be done on Skinner sometime soon. (Cardiac Cane)
- Justin Faulk and Zach Parise are forming a friendship while also looking towards the Olympics (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Manny Malhotra has helped some Checkers off the ice while in Charlotte (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the road ahead for the Canes over the next few days (Shutdown Line)
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Penguins continue to lead the division with 14 points. They have led the division since the start of the season.
- Despite losing last night and not playing in four days, the Hurricanes remain in second place with 11 points.
- The Capitals moved into third place with a win over the Oilers last night, while Islanders moved down to fourth.
- Blue Jackets sit alone at fifth place with eight points, while the Devils own the sixth spot with six points.
- The Flyers beat the Rangers last night to move the two into a tie for seventh place with four points.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes