Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on why the Hurricanes need to start resigning free agents can be found here.
- How much money will Justin Faulk make on his next contract? (Cardiac Cane)
- Almost two months in the U.S., Elias Lindholm is still adjusting to Raleigh (Hurricanes Website)
- Jason Shaya’s 10 thoughts on the Checkers after the most recent two games (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder gives an update on the Canes’ OHL prospects (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones grades the Hurricanes’ forward lines through this point of the season (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: I have to agree with most of Mark’s grades. The first line, although not scoring at the same rate as last season, is still putting up respectable numbers. The second line could improve and the third line is clearly playing great.
Where I have a problem with Mark’s grades is the fourth line. Scoring shouldn’t be the line’s main goal and while they haven’t been great in other aspects of the game, they’ve been fine. A ‘D’ grade is pretty low, I would grade them at a ‘C’.
Hurricanes Practice Update
- Gleason is playing with Hainsey on defense, while Bellemore and Komisarek are the fourth pairing. The other pairings are the same.
- Dwyer and Gerbe missed practice yesterday. Muller said Gerbe should be back today. Dwyer was “dinged up” at practice Monday.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes