- Yesterday’s blog revisiting the Jordan Staal trade can be found here.
- Will the Hurricanes defense be mobile enough when Tim Gleason returns? (Cardiac Cane)
- An update on injuries and a rumor from Eklund involving the Canes and Nail Yakupov (Cardiac Cane)
- Tim Gleason and Mike Komisarek want to be on the ice for the Canes (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the week in review from Oct. 13 to Oct. 20 (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash looks at four burning questions for the Hurricanes (Hockey Buzz)
My Opinion: To me there’s no way, GM Jim Rutherford exposes Brett Bellemore on waivers by making room for Gleason. I would choose Brett Sutter since he does not have to pass through waivers. However, Sutter brings more to the Canes than Kevin Westgarth.
I believe Gleason will be the team’s fourth defenseman. He’s showed before he can play 20 minutes a game and I believe he would be a good option with Ron Hainey.
Fixing the power-play will take time. They’re using the right players, as long as Hainsey is on the point instead of Harrison. It’s just going to take some time for chemistry to grow.
Lindholm’s having some injury trouble at the start of the season, but he should make more of an impact over time. However, he could be sent down over Sutter to create a roster spot.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes