Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on lineup shuffling when injured players return can be found here.
- The Canes UFA signings have been paying off for the team so far this season (Cardiac Cane)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the game against the Islanders by the numbers (Shutdown Line)
- Andrew Luistro explains why Ryan Murphy is ready for more minutes (Sunbelt Hockey Journal)
- Jeff Skinner is returning to regular form for the Hurricanes this season (FanSided)
Charlotte Checkers Recap
The Checkers lost again to the Iowa Wild yesterday, this time by a score of 7-2. Mark Flood and Chris Terry scored the two goals, while Mike Murphy and Jesse Deckert shared the net in the loss. Murphy gave up four goals, Deckert gave up three. The Checkers’ record is now 2-2-0 and have not won in their two games at home. The Checkers next play on Friday against the Grand Rapids Griffins.
Metropolitan Division Update
- The Penguins have continued their lead of the division with 14 points.
- The Canes have sole ownership of second place with 11 points and lead third-place Islanders by three.
- Blue Jackets won last night, moving them into a fourth-place tie with the Capitals.
- Devils, Rangers and Flyers bring up the last three in that order.