Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes beat the Maple Leafs last night, the recap can be found here
- With Justin Peters with the Hurricanes, Mike Murphy has been thrown into the spotlight in Charlotte (Checkers Website)
- Tim Gleason has begun skating and is excited to get into his first game of the season (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Corey Sznajder details the Canes struggle so far on the power-play (Shutdown Line)
- Mark Jones explains why the Hurricanes must earn wins on their current road trip (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: Earning wins on the road is always a big thing for any sports team. The home team is always expected to win and if a visiting team can go in there and steal a win, confidence is likely to grow in the locker room.
The Canes are playing some tough teams including Metropolitan Division opponent, the Islanders, then the Wild, followed by the still unbeaten Avalanche. It would be nice if they could earn a minimum of three to four points if that game.
Like Mark said, the Canes really need Jordan Staal, Patrick Dwyer and Jiri Tlusty to start producing. The team will get fatigued easier with all the travel, so depth scoring will become even more crucial.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes