Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on the defense contributing to the offense can be found here
- The Canes play the Maple Leafs tonight at 7 p.m. ET. A preview will be posted in the early afternoon.
- The Checker recalled Jesse Deckert from the Everblades while Justin Peters is with the Hurricanes (Checkers Twitter)
- Corey Sznajder has an update on Canes prospects in the OHL (Shutdown Line)
- The Hurricanes are preparing for their upcoming road trip (Hurricanes Website)
- Tim Gleason traveled with the team to Toronto and will begin skating (Raleigh News & Observer)
- The Canes players have differing emotions on the game in Toronto (News & Observer)
- Andrew Luistro believes Cam Ward is off to a strong start and explains why (The Hockey Writers)
My Opinion: Ward has been off to a solid start, but hasn’t been perfect. I wrote before about his performance against the Penguins and he has improved since then, but he’s still got some things to work on.
Of course, Ward is also coming off the knee injury he suffered last season so it will take some time to adjust to the level of the game. My believe is that we haven’t seen Ward play as well as he can this year, but he will get to that peak at some point.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes