Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes lost to the Phoenix Coyotes yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- Anton Khudobin was injured in the game and will undergo an MRI today.
- Jeff Skinner is on the third line, but is leading the Canes in scoring (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Andrew Luistro believes Hurricanes can’t keep respecting opponents (Sunbelt Hockey Journey)
My Opinion: I’m not sure if it’s too much respect the Hurricanes are showing that are leading to some of the losses. The Penguins outplayed them from hitting to offense and the Red Wings simply broke down the Canes’ defense on their goals.
And it’s not like the Hurricanes gave up against either teams. They still had chances against the Pens and fought back to tie the game.
In yesterday’s game against the Coyotes, the team trailed four times, tying the game three times. It didn’t seem like they were respecting the Coyotes that much to let them just win the game.
Metropolitan Division Recap
- The Hurricanes are still maintaining the second spot in the division.
- Devils were the only other team to play, losing to the Jets causing them to remain in fifth place.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes