Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Tuomo Ruutu can be found here
- Elias Lindholm will miss today’s game and is listed as day-to-day (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes play the Phoenix Coyotes this afternoon at 1 ET. A preview will be posted later at 9 a.m.
- The Canes are trying to get everyone involved (Hurricanes Website)
- Andrew Luistro explains why moving away from Jussi Jokinen was the right move (The Hockey Writers)
My Opinion: Jokinen is playing well in Pittsburgh, but I doubt he would be playing that well if he was still on the Hurricanes. With the Penguins, he’s playing with Evgeni Malkin, who is going to open up more scoring opportunities than Jordan Staal or Riley Nash.
However, if the team had kept him, Jokinen could provide some experience and defensive depth on the bottom six. Currently, the Canes are fine in that regard, so maybe the team is fine without him.
Either way though, it hurts the Hurricanes that they still have to pay Jokinen $900,000 when he isn’t playing for them and was not that overpaid to begin with.
Metropolitan Division Recap
- The Blue Jackets, Rangers, Islanders, Flyers and Capitals lost.
- Penguins were the sole team to win from the Metropolitan.
- Hurricanes are still in second with Islanders trailing by one.
- Penguins still lead the division.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes