Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Hurricanes beat the Flyers, 2-1, last night for their first win of the season (Cardiac Cane)
- The Canes do not have another game until Tuesday, but will practice today at 10 a.m.
- The Charlotte Checkers got off to a season-opening sweep this past weekend (Checkers Website)
- Matt Karash gives his initial thoughts on the game against the Flyers (Hockey Buzz)
- Hockey’s Future previews the Western Conference of the AHL, including the Checkers (Hockey’s Future)
My Opinion: The article says the Checkers were knocked out of the second round last year, but it was actually the first. The team is definitely stacked by AHL margins, but refrencing the Mark Flood signing is probably bigger than the Mike Murphy one.
Metropolitan Division Recap
- The Canes and Flyers were the only teams from the division playing last night.
- Penguins still lead the division, but the Hurricanes have moved into a tie for second with the Islanders.
- Canucks coach John Tortorella sounded off on CBC last night (The Canuck Way)
- Jonathan Bernier is leading the Maple Leafs to victory (Editor In Leaf)
- With Milan Michalek a free agent at the end of the season, the Senators have a decision to make (SenShot)
- Are the Blue Jackets juggling lines too often? (Union And Blue)
- Week one recap for the Capitals (Stars And Sticks)
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes