Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on special teams can be found here
- The Canes signed Radek Dvorak to a one-year/600k deal yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- Matt Corrente cleared waivers yesterday and was assigned to the Checkers
- Corey Sznajder previews the Metropolitan Division (Shutdown Line)
- The Hurricanes are beginning to get healthy in time for the season opener (Hurricanes Website)
- Matt Karash previews the Canes season (HockeyBuzz)
- Kevin Westgath talks George Parros and fighting in the NHL (Raleigh News & Observer)
Hurricanes Practice Updates
Note: Information is taken from beat reporters like Chip Alexander and Michael Smith. However, opinions are my own.
- Alexander Semin returned to practice yesterday, playing with his usual line mates.
- With Semin back in practice there were some line changes on offense:
- The second line seems strange to me. Dwyer is good defensively, but doesn’t bring much offense. It’s practically the opposite for Gerbe, while Staal can do both. So is the team expecting a shutdown or scoring line?
- The team spent a lot of time working on special teams. It’s good to see this. As I said in the blog yesterday, the special teams will need to improve from last season.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes