Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Brett Sutter can be found here
- The Hurricanes placed Matt Corrente on waivers yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- The team also recalled Ryan Murphy, who was sent down the day before for cap reasons (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Mark Jones gives a complete season preview for the Canes (Bleacher Report)
- Jeff Skinner is only thinking about making the playoffs this season (Hurricanes Website)
- The Canes are becoming better penalty killers (Charlotte Observer)
- Matt Karash previews all of the Hurricanes’ fantasy values (HockeyBuzz)
Hurricanes Practice News
Note: Information is taken from beat reporters like Chip Alexander and Michael Smith. However, opinions are my own.
- Elias Lindholm returned to practice playing with Kevin Westgarth and Brett Sutter. Not a big fan of the line, if it was Radek Dvorak with Lindholm and Sutter, I could live with it, but I don’t want to see Westgarth and Lindholm together.
- Kirk Muller said Alexander Semin, who did not practice, has a 50-50 shot at playing on Friday. It’s a good sign that Semin is listed as 50-50 right now, he should get even more healthy by the season opener.
- Dvorak was still practicing with the team, despite not having a contract, playing with Eric Staal and Jiri Tlusty. There were no other changes to the lineup.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes