- Hurricanes vs. Sabres Recap
The preseason may not have started strong for the Hurricanes, but it sure ended well, culminating in a 1-0 win last night over the Sabres. Patrick Dwyer scored the lone goal in the second period on the penalty kill.
Besides Dwyer, Cam Ward had a strong game, recording a shutout and making 18 saves. After starting the preseason slow, it’s nice see Ward turn things around and finish with a two-game winning streak.
The wins should also help the team as they enter regular season in less than a week. 23-man rosters have to be completed by Monday at 5 p.m., so expect final cuts to take place within the next few days.
The team will not practice tomorrow, not returning to the ice until Sunday morning.
Carolina Hurricanes News
- Mark Jones has five bold predictions for the Hurricanes’ season (Bleacher Report)
- Corey Sznajder gives his predictions for the final cuts for the Canes roster (Shutdown Line)
- Jamie McBain is motivated in Buffalo (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Eklund predicts that the Hurricanes will finish last in the Metropolitan Division (HockeyBuzz)
- Cam Ward’s health will play a huge part in the Hurricanes’ success this season (NHL.com)