Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on the first line’s production can be found here
- Everyone is still waiting on Joni Pitkanen‘s final prognosis:
No update yet on Joni Pitkanen. Canes GM Jim Rutherford is returning from Michigan and says he then will meet with Pitkanen.
— Chip Alexander (@ice_chip) September 10, 2013
- Chip Alexander has three questions for Hurricanes hopeful Jeremy Welsh (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Mark Jones takes a look at the Canes prospects performance at the Traverse City Tournament (Bleacher Report)
- Chip also examines the Hurricanes questions going into camp (News & Observer)
My Opinion: Chip gives six questions, and there are five that I agree with that could be problems. Replacing Pitkanen is obvious, in minutes and skill, filling the forward spots is going to be huge and while I think it is likely that Jeff Skinner starts at wing on the third line, he could also lineup at center.
Elias Lindholm looks ready for the NHL, but the only way to know for sure is not until the games actually get started.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes