Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Andrej Sekera can be found here
- The Hurricanes prospects lost to the Blue Jackets 7-5 (Box Score) The Canes take on the Sabres, Sunday at 3:30 p.m., in the last game before playoffs
- The Canes are waiting Joni Pitkanen‘s CT test results (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Chip Alexander has three questions for Jeff Skinner (News & Observer)
- Eric Staal talked with E.J. Hradek about his rehab and the upcoming season (Hurricanes Website)
- Matt Karash compares one of his old lineup predictions to what actually happened (HockeyBuzz)
- Corey Sznajder considers what Radek Dvorak can bring to the Hurricanes (Shutdown Line)
My Opinion: I agree with Corey that the Canes do have enough penalty killers on their team, but when you consider they are using star players like Eric Staal and Alexander Semin to kill penalties, maybe it’s smarter to bring in a player that can give those star players a rest.
If he does make the team, Dvorak will not have much a role on the team. He’ll be a fourth-liner and while that may take a spot from a younger player, that could be better for the team, as Dvorak will fill that role better.
Traverse City Tournament – Day Two
- Buffalo Sabres 6 New York Rangers 5
- St. Louis Blues 3 Minnesota Wild 2
- Detroit Red Wings 4 Dallas Stars 2
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes