Carolina Hurricanes News
- The Canes prospects beat the New York Rangers 4-3 in their first Traverse City Tournament game (Box Score) Tomorrow the Hurricanes play the Columbus Blue Jackets at 3 p.m.
- Corey Sznajder gives his thoughts on who the Hurricanes should get to replace Joni Pitkanen (Shutdown Line)
- Alex Mai dissects the Sekera – McBain trade (The Hockey Writers)
My Opinion: The Hurricanes got the best player in the trade and Andrej Sekera will help so much more than Jaime McBain ever will. It was obvious that the Canes had way too many offensive defensemen and McBain was the most expendable.
The only downside for the Canes is that they had to include a second-round pick in the trade.
But on the other hand, a second-round pick is not likely to turn into much more than a Sekera-like player. Because of that, I’m a fan of the trade and happy Rutherford pulled the trigger.
- The Calgary Flames hired former Toronto Maple Leaf GM Brian Burke as their new director of hockey operations (CBS Sports)
Traverse City Tournament Results
- The Buffalo Sabres beat the Blue Jackets 3-2 – Lindsay Division
- Dallas Stars beat St. Louis Blues 5-2 – Howe Division
- Detroit Red Wings beat Minnesota Wild 3-0 – Howe Division
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes