Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Jeremy Welsh and Kevin Westgarth can be found here
- Hurricanes single game tickets are going on sale on Sept 6 (Hurricanes Twitter)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the New York Rangers in his Metropolitan Divsion preview (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash released poll results based on Canes opinions, which are different than mine (HockeyBuzz)
- Chip Alexander has three questions for Tuomo Ruutu (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Andrew Luistro looks at Sergey Tolchinsky (Sunbelt Hockey)
My Opinion: The fact that the Canes were able to outbid the New York Rangers for Tolchinksy, is more impressive to me than the fact that they signed him.
As we all know, the Hurricanes are not as big or have the history that the Rangers have. It’s also likely New York was offering more money. It seems that Tolchinsky enjoyed his time with the Canes during the development camp, which helped him make his choice.
As for what he can do on the ice, Tolchinsky is much different than most Hurricanes prospects. He’s skilled with a gift for scoring, which not a whole lot of Hurricanes prospects have.