Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s analysis of Aaron Palushaj and Victor Rask can be found here
- The Charlotte Checkers will be holding a charity 5k on Nov. 23. All participants will get a free ticket to that night’s game (Checkers Website)
- Three Staal brothers are attempting to make Team Canada in 2014 (Puck Daddy)
- Chip Alexander has three questions for Justin Faulk (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the New Jersey Devils as part of his Metropolitan Division preview (Shutdown Line)
- Alexander also explains why next season will be an important one for Jeff Skinner (News & Observer)
My Opinion: It’s no denying that last year was a down year for Skinner. I believe he’s better than that, but he needs to start proving it. The Hurricanes have plenty of confidence in him and he’ll have his shot.
The fact that Skinner is open to playing different positions is a good thing. It would be even worse if he had an attitude in the locker room, but it seems that he is easy-going at this point.
However, I also feel that if Skinner has a bad season he could be trade bait at the end of the season, as his salary will be at over $5 million a season.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes