Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Nathan Gerbe and Riley Nash for the bottom six can be found here
- The Charlotte Checkers signed college free agent Kyle Bonis to a contract (Checkers Website)
- Corey Sznajder looks at Metropolitan Division rival, the Columbus Blue Jackets (Shutdown Line)
- Eric Staal will be ranked 88 in the upcoming NHL 14 (EA Sports)
- Matt Karash explains why this season will be a telling sign for the prospects of the Canes (HockeyBuzz)
My Opinion: The Hurricanes have a good amount of depth in their prospect system, especially on defense. Most of the top-tier defenseman, like Danny Biega and Austin Levi, will be playing in the AHL next season. That will help give the Canes an idea of where those prospects could be in a couple of years.
Other prospects like Tyler Ganly and Brett Pesce, who were just drafted, will show how much they can grow in their first year after being drafted.
For other prospects like Phil Di Giuseppe and Brock McGinn they will continue to work on their development in their effort to make the Hurricanes team in the future.
Overall, I agree with Matt that next season will tell a lot about the future of the Hurricanes.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes