Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s ranking of Brock McGinn can be found here
- Corey Sznajder ranked Zac Dalpe #8 on his Top 25 Under 25 (Shutdown Line)
- Matt Karash looks at Alexander Semin‘s contract and expectations for next year (HockeyBuzz)
My Opinion: Obviously, Semin is an important part of the Canes’ offense and team as a whole. He had a great first season with the team and I’m definitely happy about him coming back.
But with that being said, I believe $7 million a season is a little too high for Semin. He scores a lot, but for a team that already pay over $5 million each for the Staal brothers and Jeff Skinner, the salary starts to add up.
You’re not going to get Semin for less than $5 million or even that amount, but anywhere from $5.5 to $6 million would be better for the Russian. It’s only a million and change, but consider that the Hurricanes are close to the cap with Justin Faulk needing a new contract soon, maybe it would be nice to save some money in other places.
- The second part of the Clutterbuck Chronicles were posted yesterday (Eyes On Isles)
- Why defenseman Erik Gustaffson deserves a roster spot on the Philadelphia Flyers (Broadstreet Buzz)