Carolina Hurricanes News
- Cardiac Cane’s 10th ranked prospect, Jeremy Welsh can be found here
- Corey Sznajder ranked Zac Dalpe 8th on his Top 25 Under 25 (Shutdown Line)
- A New York Rangers look at the Hurricanes (New York Rangers Blog)
- Matt Karash looks at the realignment through numbers (HockeyBuzz)
My Opinion: Playing less games against Southeast Division opponents and more against former Atlantic-division teams is not a good thing for the Canes. It’s no denying the Southeast was inferior to the other Eastern Conference division and winning games will not be easy.
Playing more against Western Conference teams is also not a good thing. The Western Conference tends to be better than the Eastern, so that means the Canes will have to play every game like it means just as much.
But the Hurricanes’ roster is still improved from last season. That will have to go a far way in competing for a playoff spot in the upcoming season.
- Evgeni Malkin‘s father is reporting that the Dallas Stars offered a contract to his son this summer, which would be tampering since he was not a free agent of any kind. The Dallas Stars have denied anything of the sort (Blackout Dallas)
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes