Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s contract update on Zach Boychuk can be found here
- The NHL announced the 2013 preseason schedule. Here are the Canes’ six match-ups:
- Wednesday, Sept. 18th, 7 p.m. vs Columbus Blue Jackets
- Thursday Sept. 19th, 7 p.m., at Buffalo Sabres
- Friday Sept 20th, 7:30 p.m., vs Montreal Canadiens (at Quebec City, Quebec)
- Saturday Sept 21st, 7 p.m., at Montreal Canadiens
- Thursday, Sept 26th, 7 p.m., at Columbus Blue Jackets
- Friday, Sept 27th, 7 p.m., vs. Buffalo Sabres
- Matt Karash asks who will play the point for the Canes on the power-play next season (HockeyBuzz)
My Opinion: I would fully expect Joni Pitkanen to play the point on one of the power-plays. He’s done it before and he can do it again, even with the injury he suffered last season.
From there, the options become a little smaller. Justin Faulk could handle the job on the second unit, but that leaves virtually no options for the other two point spots. I agree with Matt that Ryan Murphy should play with the Checkers and not with the Canes, so that’s not an option.
From there, I would suggest using Elias Lindholm. The Swede is good defensively and has the passing acumen to distribute the puck from the point. Of course, the team would need to try this out in training camp and practice before taking it to the real game.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes