Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s blog on Sergey Tolchinsky can be found here
- Corey Sznajder wrote a similar blog on Tolchinsky, which also includes the news that the Russian will play for the New York Rangers at the Traverse City Games (Shut Down Line)
- The prospects at development camp did not need a lot of motivation to get moving at camp (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Mark Jones looks at the upcoming season schedule for the Hurricanes (Bleacher Report)
- The Hurricanes were named a winner in Yahoo’s Winners and Losers of the 2013-14 TV schedule (Puck Daddy)
My Opinion: The Canes were named winners because they will be featured once, in their second game of the season on NBC Sports Network, after not appearing at all on the station last year.
It’s not surprising the team wasn’t featured more on NBC. They stick to their big guns in New York, Boston, Philadelphia, etc. and hockey isn’t that big in North Carolina and it won’t draw big numbers for the station, but it would still be nice to see the Canes showcased a little more.
- The Nashville Predators re-signed Nick Spaling to a one-year/$1.5 million deal (The Tennessean
- Jordan Nolan signed a two-year deal with the Los Angeles Kings (Los Angeles Times)