Carolina Hurricanes News
- Yesterday’s story on who the mystery player the Hurricanes are pursuing can be found here
- Hurricanes’ UFA Joe Corvo signed with the Ottawa Senators yesterday (Sen Shot)
My Opinion: 900k for Corvo isn’t too bad of a price. He’ll still help on the power-play, but the Sens will have to watch his matchups in even strength. I’m not surprised the Canes didn’t bring him back and I’d much rather have Mike Komisarek than Corvo on this Canes’ team.
- Puck Daddy graded every team’s free agency moves so far including the Canes (Yahoo! Sports)
My Opinion: I wouldn’t necessarily call Mike Komisarek an “upgrade” to the Canes’ blue line. He’ll add depth and help mentor, but right now he’s still competing with Brett Bellemore and Ryan Murphy for the final spot.
Puck Daddy gives a ‘B’ grade, which may be fair, but I think they deserve a higher grade giving the salaries the players were signed for. 700k for Komisarek and 800k for Anton Khudobin are both great amounts.
- After weeks of rumors, Winnipeg Jets‘ forward Evander Kane signed with Ak Bars Kazan of the KHL on a two-year deal (CBC)
- The New York Rangers re-signed Ryan McDonagh to a six-year/$28.2 million contract (Blue Line Station)