- Yesterday’s story on possible defenseman targets in trades can be found here
- A profile of Darnell Nurse by the Hurricanes’ Website (hurricanes.nhl.com)
- Bleacher Report’s mock draft of rounds one and two (Bleacher Report)
My Opinion: Bleacher Report has the Canes taking Darnell Nurse with the fifth pick, while Valeri Nichushkin is still available. This just won’t happen. If the Hurricanes wanted Nurse they would trade down and it’s widely believed that Nichushkin is the target for the Hurricanes at the fifth spot.
With the 35th pick (the Canes’ second), Bleacher Report predicts the Canes taking J.T. Compher, which could be a good choice. Compher looks to be a third-line energy guy, which is what the Hurricanes need more of.
- The Chicago Blackhawks put Steve Montador and Rostislav Olesz on waivers with the intention of using their amnesty clauses on them (Blackhawk Up)
- The Tampa Bay Lightning will buy out Vincent Lecavalier (Bolts By The Bay)
- The Colorado Avalanche traded Shane O’ Brien and David Jones to the Calgary Flames for Alex Tanguay and Cory Sarich (Mile High Sticking) (Flame For Thought)
- The San Jose Sharks re-signed Jason Demers to a one-year/$1.5 million deal (nhl.com)
- The Pittsburgh Penguins extended Chris Kunitz to a three-year/$11.55 million contract (Pen’s Labrynth)
- Ben Lovejoy re-signed with the Anaheim Ducks with a three-year/$3.3 million deal (Pucks Of A Feather)
- The New Jersey Devils re-signed Dainius Zubrus to a three-year/$9 million contract (Todd Cordell)
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes