- A profile of Nathan MacKinnon by the Carolina Hurricanes website (hurricanes.nhl.com)
- Corey Sznajder evaluates Chad LaRose‘s season with the Hurricanes (Shut Down Line)
My Opinion: There’s really no other way to look at it. LaRose had an awful season with the Hurricanes and will most likely not be with the Canes next year, which is the best for the team. Corey’s right with his opinion that the Hurricanes can replace him with someone better suited for the bottom six.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins traded Alex Grant to the Anaheim Ducks for Harry Zolnierczyk (nhl.com)
- The Minnesota Wild re-signed Niklas Backstrom to a three-year contract (Gone Puck Wild)
- Teams can begin amnestying players in two days with the finale of the 2013 NHL season.
FanSided Mock Draft
- The Calgary Flames chose Anthony Duclair with the 28th pick
Stanley Cup Finals – Game Six
- The Boston Bruins held on to a one-goal lead with just over a minute left in the game, but just 17 seconds later the Chicago Blackhawks stole the lead with goals from Bryan Bickell and Dave Bolland to win the Stanley Cup for the Hawks. Patrick Kane won the Conn Smythe. Milan Lucic and Chris Kelly scored the two goals for the Bruins, while Jonathan Toews scored the first goal for the Blackhawks.