- Yesterday’s story on Valeri Nichushkin can be found here
- A profile of Jonathan Drouin by the Hurricanes’ website (hurricanes.nhl.com)
- Corey Sznajder looks at the risks of the Canes signing a veteran defenseman (Shut Down Line)
My Opinion: There is of course going to be risks with signing any player that has played their fair amount of games. Unfortunately for the Canes, in this year’s free agency most of the defensemen they should be interested in are veterans. But that shouldn’t deter the Hurricanes. They need more of a veteran presence on the back end and as long as they do not pay too much for it, they should be fine in the long run.
- The Phoenix Coyotes extended head coach Dave Tippet to a five-year deal, whether the team moves or not (USA Today)
FanSided Mock Draft
- Montreal Canadiens chose Samuel Morin with the 25th pick (A Winning Habit)
Stanley Cup Finals – Game Five
- In a game that featured injuries to star players like Patrice Bergeron and Jonathan Toews, the Chicago Blackhawks came out victorious with a 3-1 win over the Boston Bruins. Patrick Kane scored two goals, including the game-winner and Dave Bolland scored the third goal, an empty-netter. Zdeno Chara scored the lone Bruins goal. Bergeron was taken to a hospital during the game, while Toews missed most of the third period, while sitting on the bench. The Blackhawks lead the series 3-1.
Tags: Carolina Hurricanes