- A profile of Elias Lindholm by the Hurricanes’ Website (hurricanes.nhl.com)
- Corey Sznajder evaluates Marc-Andre Bergeron‘s short season with the Canes (Shut Down Line)
My Opinion: Bergeron was brought to Carolina for one reason: to help the power-play. He did as much as he could and the man-advantage did look better in the games he was here. However, Bergeron did struggle in the defensive end, which should have been no surprise to anyone. The ‘C-” grade is fair. It may seem like a bad grade, but it’s really what should have been expected of Bergeron. There’s really no reason for the Hurricanes to re-sign Bergeron, so he’ll look for a new team next season.
- The Saddledome in Calgary flooded as Alberta was hit with major flooding (Flame For Thought)
- According to reports, the Vancouver Canucks will hire John Tortorella their new head coach (The Sporting News)
FanSided Mock Draft
- The Washington Capitals took Zach Furale with the 23rd pick
- With the 24th pick, the Vancouver Canucks chose Emile Poirier
Stanley Cup Finals – Game Five
- Tonight, Boston Bruins at Chicago Blackhawks, 8 ET, NBC, Series tied 2-2
- Last Game: The Blackhawks won an important Game Four, scoring six goals and winning in overtime. Brent Seabrook scored the game-winner while Patrick Kane had a goal and an assist and Michal Roszival had two assists. Corey Crawford made 28 saves and Tuukka Rask made 41.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes