- Yesterday’s story on a Jeff Skinner-Marc Staal trade can be found here
- A profile of Jonathan Drouin by the Hurricanes’ website (hurricanes.nhl.com)
- Corey Sznajder evaluates Jeff Skinner’s season (Shut Down Line)
My Opinion: Corey looks at Skinner’s shooting percentage as a main reason for his low-goal scoring, but I think another thing that should be considered is Skinner did not play with Eric Staal this season, as he has done in the past. Instead he played with Jordan Staal, who plays a different way than Eric and may have needed time to adjust to. While I have written stories on the possibility of trading Skinner, it’s not because I believe he is a bad player, it is because the return he could garner could help the Canes more than him being on the team.
- The NHL GM’s approved the competition committee’s proposals, which included hybrid icing and mandatory visors (nhl.com)
FanSided Mock Draft
Stanley Cup Finals – Game Four
- The Boston Bruins came back from three different deficits to send the game to overtime, but could not hold onto the win as Brent Seabrook scored the game-winner in the first overtime for the Chicago Blackhawks. Patrice Bergeron had two goals, while Jaromir Jagr, Zdeno Chara and Michal Rozsival all had two assists. The series is tied 2-2.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes