My Opinion: Dwyer played in the wrong role for most of the season in the top six. He would be better suited on the third or fourth line. That being said, Dwyer did not have that good of a season, which is understandable, but I feel the ‘B+’ grade Corey gives is a tad too high.
NHL Award Winners
- Hart Trophy: Alex Ovechkin
- Vezina Trophy: Sergei Bobrovsky
- Norris Trophy: P.K. Subban
- Calder Trophy: Jonathan Huberdeau
- Selke Trophy: Jonathan Toews
- Jack Adams: Paul MacLean
- GM Of the Year: Ray Shero
NHL Finals – Game Two
- Another game. Another overtime stanza. This time it didn’t take nearly as long as Game One as Daniel Paille scored in the first overtime to give the Boston Bruins a 2-1 win over the Chicago Blackhawks. Hawks’ Patrick Sharp got the scoring started in the first period with assists from Patrick Kane and Michal Handzus. Chris Kelly scored for the Bruins in the second period with the lone assist coming from Paille. The score stayed the same until Paille’s goal with just over five minutes left in the first overtime. The series is now tied 1-1.