- Yesterday’s story on Victor Rask can be found here
- A story on Jiri Tlusty’s breakout season (Sun Belt Hockey)
- North Carolina and Canes were asked to meet to discuss the schedule for PNC Arena (Raleigh News & Observer)
- The Dallas Stars acquired the rights of Sergei Gonchar (USA Today)
- Mike Richards looks doubtful for Game Five (NHL.com)
- The Vancouver Canucks could interview eight different coaching candidates (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Game
- It took only one goal, but that was enough for the Boston Bruins to sweep the Pittsburgh Penguins and advance to the Stanley Cup Finals. Adam McQuaid scored the lone goal for the Bruins in the third period with assists going to Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron. Tuukka Rask played well all series and earned 26 saves in the win. Tomas Vokoun made 24. Goal scoring was a problem for the Pens the whole series, who only scored twice in the four-game series. Former-Cane Brandon Sutter scored one of the goals in Game Two. Jussi Jokinen played in two games. Craig Adams played in all four and both were held pointless. Dennis Seidenberg was also held pointless for the Bruins.
Western Conference Finals
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks vs Los Angeles Kings, 8 ET, NBC Sports Network, Blackhawks lead series 3-1.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes