- Yesterday’s story on what can be learned from the four teams left in the playoffs can be found here
- The Carolina Hurricanes failed to sign two prospects yesterday (Cardiac Cane)
- The Hurricanes released a bonus teaser photo. The new jerseys will be released today (Hurricanes’ Instagram)
- Why Justin Faulk is one of the best defensemen in the NHL (Sun Belt Hockey)
- The Edmonton Oilers took Darnell Nurse with the seventh pick in FanSided’s Mock Draft (Oil On Whyte)
- The Pittsburgh Penguins recalled goaltender Jeff Zatkoff adding to the goalie controversy (Pens Labrynth)
Yesterday’s Playoff Game
- The Boston Bruins’ offense continued to roll as they scored six goals on their way to a 6-1 win over the Pittsburgh Penguins. Brad Marchand scored two goals, while Nathan Horton, Johny Boychuk and Patrice Bergeron added a goal and an assist. David Krejci scored the other goal for the Bruins and Jaromir Jagr had two assists. Former-Hurricane Brandon Sutter scored the lone Pens goal with assists from Matt Cooke and Paul Martin. Tuukka Rask made 26 saves. Tomas Vokoun was replaced by Marc-Andre Fleury. Both goalies allowed three goals. The Bruins lead the series 2-0.
Western Conference Finals
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks at #5 Los Angeles Kings, 9 ET, NBC Sports Network, Blackhawks lead series 2-0.
Topics: Carolina Hurricanes