- The Hurricanes released the second jersey teaser (Hurricanes’ Instagram)
- Dan Ellis vs UFA goalie back-ups (ShutDown Line)
- Vezina finalist Sergei Bobrovsky is reportedly being targeted by a KHL team (Puck Daddy)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The Boston Bruins moved on to the Eastern Conference Finals when they beat the New York Rangers, 3-1, yesterday. Dan Girardi scored the first goal of the game for the Rangers, but it was the Bruins from then on. Torey Krug and Gregory Campbell scored in the second period before Campbell scored an empty net goal in the third to seal the victory. Tuukka Rask had 28 saves in the win, while Henrik Lundvist made 29. The Bruins beat the Rangers in five games and will now play the Pittsburgh Penguins.
- Jonathan Toews was empty in the goal-scoring column until tonight when he got his first of the playoffs in the Chicago Blackhawks‘ 4-1 win over the Detroit Red Wings. Andrew Shaw scored twice and Bryan Bickell scored the first goal of the game for the Blackhawks. Duncan Keith had two assists. Daniel Cleary scored the lone goal for the Wings. Corey Crawford made 26 saves, while Jimmy Howard made 41. The Red Wings now lead the series 3-2.