- The profile of Ryan Murphy can be found here
- The Hurricanes will unveil new uniforms on June 4 (Cardiac Cane) (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Checker’s defenseman Marc-Andre Gragnani signed with Lev of the KHL yesterday (Cardiac Cane) (Checkers’ Website)
- Evaluation of the Hurricanes forwards (HockeyBuzz)
- The Colorado Avalanche officially hired Patrick Roy as head coach (SI.com)
- Brad Richards was a healthy scratch in the New York Rangers‘ game against the Boston Bruins, fueling speculation the center will be bought out (CBS Sports)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The New York Rangers staved off elimination by beating the Boston Bruins 4-3 in overtime. Chris Kreider scored the game-winner, while Brian Boyle scored with 10 minutes left in the third period to tie the game. Henrik Lundqvist made 37 saves in the win and Derick Brassard added two assists. The Bruins lead the series 3-1.
- Jimmy Howard made 28 saves for a shutout and Jakub Kindl and Daniel Cleary scored to give the Detroit Red Wings a 2-0 win over the Chicago Blackhawks. Corey Crawford made 25 saves in the loss. The Red Wings now lead the series 3-1.
- Los Angeles’ goalie Jonathan Quick added another playoff shutout to his resume with a 3-0 win over the San Jose Sharks. Anze Kopitar, Slava Voynov and Jeff Carter scored for the Kings. L.A. leads the series 3-2.