- Yesterday’s story on Jim Rutherford can be found here
- The schedule for prospect development camp and other events were announced yesterday (Hurricanes’ Website)
- An evaluation of Kirk Muller (HockeyBuzz)
- Montreal Candiens defenseman Alexei Emelin had knee surgery Tuesday and will miss six months (NHL.com)
- The Nashville Predators announced Phil Housley, who led the U.S. U20 team to a gold medal, as an assistant coach (Predators’ Website)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The Boston Bruins were down by one going into the third period, but at the end of regulation they had won the game over the New York Rangers, 2-1. Johnny Boychuk scored his second goal in the same amount of games and Daniel Paille scored the game-winner with less than four minutes left. Paille also had an assist, while Taylor Pyatt scored the lone Ranger goal. The Bruins now lead the series 3-0.
- The San Jose Sharks kept their unbeaten streak at home by beating the Los Angeles Kings, 2-1. Brent Burns and Logan Couture scored the first two goals of the game for the Sharks. Mike Richards scored in the third to cut the deficit to one, but the Sharks held on to win the game. Antti Niemi made 23 saves for the win. The series is tied at two games-a-piece.
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins at #7 Ottawa Senators, 7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Penguins lead series 2-1