- Yesteday’s story on Eric Staal can be found here. Staal will have an MRI today in Raleigh to find out how severe the injury is.
- Alexander Edler, who injured Staal was suspended for the remainder of the World Championships (CBC)
- Another story on Staal (Raleigh News & Observer)
- A feature on Jiri Tlusty (Hurricanes’ Website)
- Bruce Boudreau, Paul MacLean and Joel Quenneville were named finalists of the Jack Adams Trophy (best coach) yesterday (NHL.com)
- Evgeni Malkin was an answer on Jeopardy! (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Game
- Sidney Crosby‘s hat trick led to the Pittsburgh Penguins’ 4-3 win over the Ottawa Senators. Two of Crosby’s goals came in the first and one in the second to build a 3-1 lead for the Pens. The Senators Colin Greening answered before Brenden Morrow scored the Penguins; fourth goal. Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored early in the third period, but the Sens could not tie the game. Kris Letang had two assists, while Tomas Vokoun made 22 saves in the win. Craig Anderson was pulled and replaced by Robin Lehner. The Penguins now lead the series 2-0.
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks vs #7 Detroit Red Wings, 1 ET, NBC, Blackhawks lead series 1-0
- #5 Los Angeles Kings at #6 San Jose Sharks, 9 ET, NBC Sports Network, Kings lead series 2-0