- Dan Ellis and Justin Peters will most likely be fighting for the back-up spot next season (Hurricanes Website)
- Jeff Skinner is stepping up at the World Championships (Rant Sports)
- Jiri Tlusty had a goal in Czech Rebuplic’s 7-0 win over Norway (IIHF)
- The Dallas Stars fired coach Glen Gulatzan yesterday (NHL.com)
World Championships Update
- Russia vs United States
- Switzerland vs Czech Republic
- Finland vs Slovakia
- Canada vs Sweden
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- Paul Martin scored in the first two minutes for the Pittsburgh Penguins before Colin Greening answered minutes later. From there the Pens took over the game featuring goals from Evgeni Malkin, Chris Kunitz and Pascal Dupuis. Two of the goals came on the power-play, while one came short-handed. Dupuis now has six goals in seven playoff games. Tomas Vokoun made 36 saves in the win. Penguins lead the series 1-0.
- Jonathan Quick continued his strong play in the post-season making 35 saves for a shutout, helping the Los Angeles Kings beat the San Jose Sharks, 2-0. Slava Voynov scored the first goal of the game on a slap-shot. Mike Richards deflected a Voynov shot in the second period to beat Antti Niemi and give the Kings a 2-0 lead. Both Richards and Voynov had a goal and an assist. Kings lead the series 1-0.
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks vs #7 Detroit Red Wings, 8 ET, NBC Sports Network