- Yesterday’s story on RFAs can be found here
- A story on the Checkers that played some NHL games this season (Checkers Website)
- Jordan Staal had an assist in Canada’s 4-3 win over Slovenia (IIHF)
- Marc Bergevin, Bob Murray and Ray Shero were named finalists for GM of the Year (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The Boston Bruins completed an epic comeback to beat the Toronto Maple Leafs, 5-4 and advance to the second round. The Bruins were losing 4-1 at the start of the third period, but with two goals in the final two minutes, Boston sent the game to overtime. Patrice Bergeron scored the tieing goal and the game-winner in OT.
- The New York Rangers handled the Washington Capitals easily, winning 5-0 and clinching a spot in the Eastern Conference semifinals. Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves for the shutout, while five different players scored for the Rangers.
Second Round Matchups
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs #7 Ottawa Senators, 7:30, ET, NBC Sports Network
- #5 Los Angeles Kings vs #6 San Jose Sharks, 10 ET, NBC Sports Network