- Yesterday’s story on outdoor games can be found here
- A few Hurricanes players took part in a ‘You Can Play’ video (Raleigh News & Observer)
- Justin Faulk had an assist in USA’s 3-0 win over Germany (IIHF)
- Jeff Skinner scored the game winner and Eric Staal had an assist in Canada’s 2-1 win against the Czech Republic (IIHF)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- Derick Brassard scored a goal for the New York Rangers in the second period and the Rangers’ defense and Henrik Lundqvist handled the rest from there, beating the Washington Capitals, 1-0, in Game Six. The series is now tied 3-3
- James Reimer continued his strong play in his first post-season action making 30 saves to help the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Boston Bruins, 2-1, in Game Six. Phil Kessel scored the game-winner in the third period. The series is now tied 3-3.
- Francois Beauchemin scored with less than four minutes left in the game, but it was not enough for the Anaheim Ducks to keep their season alive, as they fell to the Detroit Red Wings in Game Seven, 3-2. Valtteri Filppula scored the game-winner in the second period to give the Wings a 3-1 lead at that point of the game.
- #4 Boston Bruins vs #5 Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 ET, CNBC, Series tied 3-3
- #3 Washington Capitals vs #6 New York Rangers, 8 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 3-3