- Yesterday’s story on the Hurricanes off-season can be found here
- Jeff Skinner believes he can establish consistency this season (Hurricanes Website)
- Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner both had assists in Canada’s win against Belarus (IIHF)
- Jiri Tlusty did not record in a point in Czech Republic’s win over Slovenia (IIHF)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- James Reimer made 44 saves to help the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Boston Bruins and set up a Game Six. Clarke MacArthur scored the game-winner. The series is now 3-2 in Boston’s favor.
- Mike Ribeiro scored close to the halfway point in the first overtime to win the game for the Washington Capitals over the New York Rangers. Henrik Lundqvist made 35 saves in the loss. Washington leads the series 3-2.
- The Anaheim Ducks scored twice in the third period to force overtime, but Detroit Redwings’ Henrik Zetterberg scored early to force a Game Seven. Jimmy Howard made 37 saves in the win.
- Dustin Penner scored in the final second of the second period and the Los Angeles Kings held onto a 2-1 lead to eliminate the St. Louis Blues, and advance to the second round. The Kings were previously down 2-0 in the series and won four straight.