- Yesterday’s story on Zach Boychuk can be found here
- Bleacher Report’s opinion on who should be re-signed by the Canes (Bleacher Report)
- Jordan Staal scored the third goal in Canada’s 3-0 win over Sweden (IIHF)
- Jiri Tlusty did not record a point in Czech Republic’s 2-1 shootout win against Denmark (IIHF)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- Tomas Vokoun started for the Pittsburgh Penguins after Marc-Andre Fleury had a rough Game Four against the New York Islanders, and won the game with a shutout 4-0. Vokoun made 31 saves, while Sidney Crosby had a goal and an assist. Pens lead the series 3-2.
- Montreal Canadien Peter Budaj could not take over the net successfully for the injured Carey Price, losing to the Ottawa Senators 6-1. Cory Conacher had two goals. The Sens won the series 4-1 to move onto the second round.
- Marian Hossa led the Chicago Blackhawks over the Minnesota Wild with two goals and an assist to win the game, 5-1. The Blackhawks advance to the second round after winning the series 4-1.
- #4 Boston Bruins vs #5 Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 ET, NHL Network, Bruins lead series 3-1
- #3 Washington Capitals vs #6 New York Rangers, 7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 2-2
- #2 Anaheim Ducks at #7 Detroit Red Wings, 8 ET, CNBC, Ducks lead series 3-2
- #4 St. Louis Blues at #5 Los Angeles Kings, 10 ET, NBC Sports Network, Kings lead series 3-2