- Yesterday’s story on Charlotte Checkers players that could be on the Hurricanes roster next season can be found here
- Alexander Semin a perfect fit with the Hurricanes (Hurricanes Website)
- Zac Dalpe thinks he is ready for the NHL (Checkers Website)
- After a rough Game Four, the Pittsburgh Penguins will start Tomas Vokoun rather than Marc-Andre Fleury in net tonight (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins kept the game at a 3-3 tie throughout the third period, but David Krejci scored his fifth of the playoffs in the first overtime to give the Bruins a 3-1 series lead.
- The New York Rangers held onto a 4-3 lead for the majority of the third period to tie their series between the Washington Capitals at two. Derek Stepan scored the game-winner.
- St. Louis Blues‘ Alex Pietrangelo scored with 45 seconds left in the third period to tie the game, but Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov scored eight minutes into overtime to give the Kings a 3-2 series lead.
- It took less than two minutes into overtime, after a 2-2 tie, for Nick Bonino to score and take a 3-2 series lead for the Anaheim Ducks over the Detroit Red Wings.
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins vs #8 New York Islanders, 7 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 2-2
- #2 Montreal Canadiens vs #7 Ottawa Senators, 7 ET, CNBC, Senators lead series 3-1