- Yesterday’s story on what the Hurricanes need to improve on for next season can be found here
- Jeff Skinner had a goal in Canada’s 7-1 win over Norway (IIHF)
- Justin Faulk recorded an assist in U.S.’s, 5-3 loss to Russia (IIHF)
- P.K. Subban, Ryan Suter and Kris Letang were named the three finalists for the Norris Trophy yesterday (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The New York Islanders exploded for three straight goals in the third period to beat the Pittsburgh Penguins, 6-4 and tie the series at 2. Mark Streit had two goals in the game for the Islanders.
- It looked like the Montreal Canadiens would tie their series between the Ottawa Senators, but Mika Zibanejad and Cory Conacher scored in the third period to send the game into overtime. Ottawa’s Kyle Turris scored two and a half minutes into the first overtime to win the game and take a 3-1 lead in the series.
- The Chicago Blackhawks rebounded from Game Three to win Game Four 3-0 against the Minnesota Wild. Patrick Sharp scored twice, while Corey Crawford made 25 saves for the shutout. Blackhawks lead the series 3-1.
- The San Jose Sharks became the first team to advance to the second round of the playoffs by sweeping the Vancouver Canucks. Patrick Marleau scored the game-winner in overtime.
- #4 Boston Bruins at #5 Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 ET, CNBC, Bruins lead series 2-1
- #3 Washington Capitals at #6 New York Rangers, 7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Capitals lead series 2-1
- #4 St. Louis Blues vs #5 Los Angeles Kings, 9 ET, NHL Network/CNBC, Series tied 2-2
- #2 Anaheim Ducks vs #7 Detroit Red Wings, 10 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 2-2