- Jiri Tlusty did not have a point in Czach Republic’s loss to Switzerland (IIHF)
- Eric Staal was eliminated from the NHL 14 cover vote (NHL.com)
- The Los Angeles Kings and Anaheim Ducks will play in Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25, 2014 (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- Tuukka Rask made 47 saves, while David Krejci added a goal and two assists to lead the Boston Bruins over the Toronto Maple Leafs, 5-2. The Bruins lead the series 2-1.
- Derek Stepan scored a goal with less than seven minutes left in the third period to give the New York Rangers a 4-3 lead against the Washington Capitals to cut their lead in the series to 2-1. Henrik Lundqvist made 28 saves in the win.
- Pavel Datsyuk scored a highlight-reel goal in the third period of Game Four between the Detroit Red Wings and Anaheim Ducks to tie the game and send it into overtime. Detroit’s Damien Brunner then scored late in the first overtime period to tie the series 2-2.
- Anze Kopitar and Justin Williams scored to turn a 3-2 deficit to a 4-3 win for the Los Angeles Kings in third period of Game Four against the St. Louis Blues. The series is now tied at 2.
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins at #8 New York Islanders, 7 ET, NBC Sports Network, Penguins lead series 2-1
- #2 Montreal Canadiens at #7 Ottawa Senators, 7 ET, CNBC, Senators lead series 2-1
- #2 Chicago Blackhawks at #8 Minnesota Wild, 9:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Blackhawks lead series 2-1
- #Vancouver Canucks at #6 San Jose Sharks, 10 ET, CNBC, Sharks lead series 3-0