- Canada lost yesterday to Switzerland, 3-2. No Hurricanes players had a point (IIHF)
- USA beat Latvia, 4-1, but again no Canes players had points (IIHF)
- Former Hurricane Bates Battaglia and his brother won ‘The Amazing Race’ (NHL.com)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins had a back-and-forth affair with both teams squandering two-goal leads but Chris Kunitz won the game for the Pens in overtime by a 5-4 score. Penguins lead series 2-1.
- Duncan Keith scored with less than three minutes left in the third period for the Chicago Blackhawks to send their game against the Minnesota Wild into overtime, but Jason Zucker scored early to win the game for the Wild. Blackhawks lead series 2-1.
- Jean-Gabriel Pageau scored a hat trick to lead the Ottawa Senators to a 6-1 win over the Montreal Canadiens. But the bigger news may have been a total of 14 fighting misconducts in the game including a line brawl at one point in the game. Senators lead the series 2-1.
- Logan Couture and Patrick Marleau scored goals nine seconds apart to seal the victory for the San Jose Sharks over the Vancouver Canucks. The Sharks won 5-2 taking a 3-0 lead in the series.
- #4 Boston Bruins at #5 Toronto Maple Leafs, 7 ET, NHL Network, Series tied 1-1
- #3 Washington Capitals at #6 New York Rangers, 7:30 ET, NBC Sports Network, Capitals lead series 2-0
- #2 Anaheim Ducks at #7 Detroit Red Wings, 8 ET, CNBC, Ducks lead series 2-1
- #4 St. Louis Blues at #5 Los Angeles Kings, 10 ET, NBC Sports Netowrk, Blues lead series 2-1