- Eric Staal recorded an assist in Canada’s win over Denmark yesterday. Jordan Staal, Jeff Skinner and Jay Harrison were held pointless (IIHF)
- Jiri Tlusty was held pointless in Czach Republic’s 2-1 loss to Sweden (IIHF)
- The Charlotte Checkers were knocked out of the AHL playoffs with a 6-2 loss to the Oklahoma City Baron (Checkers Website)
Yesterday’s Playoff Games
- The New York Rangers and Washington Capitals could not score a goal in regulation before Mike Green scored the game-winner eight minutes into the first overtime. Ranger’s Henrik Lundqvist made 38 saves in the loss. Capitals now lead the series 2-0.
- Joffrey Lupul scored twice and James Reimer made 41 saves for the Toronto Maple Leafs to tie their series between the Boston Bruins at one.
- The Anaheim Ducks responded well to the previous game’s overtime loss to the Detroit Red Wings by routing the Wings in Game Three, 4-0. Ryan Getzlaf had a goal and an assist, while Jonas Hiller made 23 saves for the shutout. The Ducks lead the series 2-1.
- Jonathan Quick returned to his 2012 playoff form making 30 saves, holding onto a 1-0 lead to win the game for the Los Angeles Kings over the St. Louis Blues. Slava Voynov scored the lone goal in the game. The Blues continue to lead the series 2-1.
- #1 Pittsburgh Penguins at #8 New York Islanders, 12 ET, NBC, Series tied 1-1
- #2 Montreal Canadiens at #7 Ottawa Senators, 7 ET, NBC Sports Network, Series tied 1-1
- #1 Chicago Blackhawks at #8 Minnesota Wild, 3 ET, NBC, Blackhawks lead series 2-0
- #3 Vancouver Canucks at #6 San Jose Sharks, 10 ET, NBC Sports Network, Sharks lead series 2-0